Search

Saturday 8 December 2012

My Five Finger Prayer





My thumb's half of what my hand grips,
And as it's also the nearest to me;
I pray for all of my family from my lips,
They draw closer Lord unto Thee!

My forefinger points as our Bible shows The Way,
May Thy Holy Spirit lead deeper in Truth indeed;
I pray for boldness to speak to others each day,
To win just one more soul or Thy Lambs to feed!

My tallest, I pray I submit unto the higher powers,
Ordained of God as ministers for good, and rulers;
Especially they who labour in the word and doctrine, as a Preacher,
That rule well, counted worthy of double honour of every creature!

My ring finger is my weakest and the weak I bring,
The Garment of Praise, for the spirit of heaviness;
Father protect Thy child safe underneath Thy wing,
Satisfy the afflicted, hungry, widow and fatherless!

My smallest finger as last I pray for Thy Humility,
The world might see Jesus, and see Jesus in me!
My glorying is not good, it is the leaven of hypocrisy;
Purge the leaven of malice and wickedness out of me!
The unleavened bread of sincerity and Truth, purges old leaven!
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment